Monday, 25 July 2005

A Bigger Boat

Hi, I'm Luke Foster

Here I'm planning to post updates as we build and sail our Navigator dinghy.

By way of introduction, I'm 20, living at home and still studying, business particuarly direct marketing. I'm the oldest in a family of six kids.

I've been sailing since I was seven, starting with Optimists, then building a Firebug dinghy Pilgrim with Dad when I was 11.

For several years now I've owned a Starling dinghy, and the family also has a Frostply and another Firebug.

This has been great fun. These are peformance boats, which are set up to be raced. So we go out and have a blast, but its hard to cruise or explore. There's no way to take the whole family out. And rigging and unrigging takes an age.

Time for a bigger boat.

We've been long time fans of John Welsford's designs. So after hearing so many rave reviews we settled on building a Navigator. With a view, or perhaps hope, of building or buying another in the future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We like your site but what about upgrading it every week??

Anonymous said...

Has the building of the Nav come to a halt ??